I've told my daughter the story of the "Shell phones". When you pick up a sea shell - and hear the sound of the ocean- that's the dial tone of the shell phone- Your direct line to the life of the oceans. When she was younger, I would catch her- along the beach or in her room-shell to ear saying "Hello?" - (sometimes she'd have conversations- with what or who?- ;) We're just now getting thru wizards,fairies and unicorns)
I'm not too old to use my imagination and believe that we have a bit of the sea captured in sea shells. I love shells and you'll find them all over the place here in my house in Long Island. I call them nature's jewelry. And if we did have a direct line to those creatures of the sea right now- Wouldn't we help?
Kelly Light is an Illustrator living in Long Island and part time in Amherst,MA. Her first book is coming out this Fall.
You can see her work on her website and her blog. These cards are available for a $10 donation. See details on the right.
This would make a great set! 5 little paintings for you - $50 for the Gulf animals!!!!
- ► March (8)
- ► September (64)
- ► August (70)
- ► July (87)
- You've gotta have heART -IF
- Betrayed -IF
- Small Hands -IF
- The situation is graphic -IF
- Teach the children well.... IF
- 123. SOLD "Make Change" -IF
- Life on the coast - IF
- the ties that bind -IF
- so sad -IF
- The Artists have spoken- they want to cause a Ripp...
- It's J.Cousteau's 100 birthday today
- Sea Turtles need help
- We are Family!
- 112.SOLD 111.SOLD 110.SOLD 109.SOLD Katriona Chap...
- 108.SOLD 107.SOLD 106.SOLD Heather Stillufsen is ...
- 105.SOLD Renee Kurilla is a children's illustrat...
- 104.SOLD 103.SOLD Stacia Stojanoff is an aspiri...
- Out Run
- Don't let the Shells fall Silent "THE SET" -Can w...
- ▼ Jun 11 (19)
Powered by Blogger.