Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's a graphic reality

411.SOLD
410.SOLD
409.SOLD
I truly believe Mother Earth is weeping and the oil is still seeping... the oil is still coming with no end in sight. As artist I hope that the ripple I make by contributing to help the animals in the gulf grows to become a tidal wave. My Illustration Friday piece this week shows the beauty that is now suffering and the stark reality of the oil spill's effect on the wildlife. So I have thrown my stone and made a splash... Mother Earth we hear your cries and hope our ripples help to answer your call.

Media: The first two pieces are black ink on Bristol paper. The second piece is pastels on Bristol paper.

The little blurb about me: I am always learning about this world and believe that knowledge is the key to understanding and creating art. I like to describe my art as being part of the real world, showing the many faces we all wear. I think my work will continue to evolve into many areas as I grow though I never plan to grow up. I am currently working on portraits, some graphic design, and writing/illustrating two childrens books which is my dream.

I live with my husband Ian, our son Gryphon and ourr 3 cats, Amaretto, Kahlua, and Sancha, in Wichita, Kansas, United States.

portfolio: http://members.cox.net/aleciagoodman
blog: http://aleciagoodman.wordpress.com/
Each card is available for a $10 donation. See details at right

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Long Island,New York/Amherst,MA
I draw therefore - I am.....

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.