Friday, June 18, 2010

576, 577, 578 & 579 By being creators, we can make this world a better place

576. SOLDThe Mermaid and the Pelican

577.SOLD The Sea Fairy and the Egret

578. The Whale and the Dolphin

579. The Cry of the Whale


Christine Mix is a children's illustrator living in Vermont and works mostly in watercolor & gouache. I graduated college in Tampa, Fl. back in the late 80's, and later lived in the Palm Beach area - so this oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico hits too close to home. At times like these, I wish I lived closer so I could help with the animal and marine life rescue. But, since I can't be there in person, it's nice to know that somehow, we can help raise funds to support those wonderful people who can be there, and who are risking their own health to rescue the birds, fish and mammals. It's such a sad situation... I feel sometimes, we humans, with all of our consumption and greed, have become the predators of this wonderful planet. I really do believe though, by being creators, we can depict history, while hopefully, making this world a better place- for all creatures.

See my work here: www.chrismixart.com or http://chrismixkidsillustrator.blogspot.com

Each card is available for a $10 donation. See details at right.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it's a sad situation!

    This art is oh so charming and expresses the sadness deeply!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Long Island,New York/Amherst,MA
I draw therefore - I am.....

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.