Friday, June 18, 2010

567 SOLD Weeping Mermaid


My name is June Goulding, and I am an illustrator in the UK who usually creates happy pictures for children’s picture books. For the Ripple appeal I painted a weeping mermaid. If there really are any mermaids (and I hope there are) they must surely be weeping.

The Ripple card is a signed archival digital print on art paper, and the final printed image size will be 3 x 3.5 inches with a white border.

The original watercolour artwork size 6 x 7 inches is also up for sale, with the money going to one of the animal rescue charities on Ripple. Details of how to bid for the original artwork are on my blog: http://junegoulding.blogspot.com/2010/06/illustration-friday-ripple.html

Each card is available for a $10 donation. See details at right.

I gotta tell ya- this one got me. All verklempt here. - surely the mermaids are crying. -Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Oh, me too Kelly. What a beautiful and touching illustration. Lovely work, June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is my favorite of all of them, I think. Gorgeous, touching.... and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the kind comments on my illustration for Ripple.

    My Mermaid print is now on its way to Amber in NY.
    Amber... Thank you very much for your donation through Ripple. I hope you are happy with the Mermaid when she arrives.

    :¬)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Long Island,New York/Amherst,MA
I draw therefore - I am.....

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.