Thursday, August 12, 2010

921.922.923. 924. Don't take Nature's beauty for granted

921. Roseate Spoonbill 4"x6" colored pencil and felt pen

922. Rock Star 4"x6" colored pencil and felt pen

923. Manatee 4"x6" colored pencil and felt pen

924. Brown Pelican 6"x4"  colored pencil and felt pen

The day after I decided to participate in this, I went snorkeling at Waikiki.  For the first time in my life, I saw a Hawaiian bobtail squid.  It was only about one inch long, white with red spots, and it hovered just beyond my reach, staring at me with one eye. As I stared back, in awe, I thought about the animals in Florida and how a disaster like this would ruin our ecosystem in Hawaii.  I'm so blessed to live here, and I try not to take Nature's beauty for granted.

I'm honored and grateful for the opportunity to help in some small way.  I love seeing what the other artists are doing! Thank you, Kelly, for making this happen, and thank you to those who will buy my art.

Alina Niemi is a writer, artist, and teacher in Honolulu, Hawaii.  She is currently working on a children's picture book and a Malaysian vegetarian cookbook. 
Find more of her work at:  http://www.alinaspencil.com 

This card is available for a $10 donation. See details at right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Long Island,New York/Amherst,MA
I draw therefore - I am.....

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.