Wednesday, September 22, 2010

449. 451.be bold about this disaster

451. Goldfish Thoughts

449. Spouting Rhetoric

Katie Davis

These two pieces are originally from my first picture book, WHO HOPS?, which is for very young children. I've seen kids laughing and loving this book, and it struck me that their innocence and that of the sea creatures being hurt by this disaster are closely related. I've enhanced the images digitally because I wanted to juxtapose that innocence with the horror.

After hearing that the oil companies just copied off their emergency plans (protecting walruses in the Gulf? What the--?) I thought about the underwater animals that have yet to be affected and hope they will remain so.

She is the author/illustrator of picture books, including Who Hops?, and Kindergarten Rocks! and the upcoming Little Chicken’s Big Day. Her novel, The Curse of Addy McMahon, is a Bank Street College of Education Best Children's Book of the Year. She is known for her engaging and interactive books that appeal to children of all ages, and is a popular presenter at conferences and schools.

http://www.katiedavis.com/

1 comment:

  1. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. cryptocurrency website widget

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Long Island,New York/Amherst,MA
I draw therefore - I am.....

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.